Higgins Wellness is seeking a highly organized and reliable Virtual Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to our group therapy practice. The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. The primary responsibility of this role is to manage incoming phone calls, chat messages, voicemails, and schedule intake sessions for prescribers. Additionally, the candidate will assist in collecting and verifying insurance information for patients.
- Answering phone calls and responding to incoming chat messages
- Returning voicemails in a timely manner
- Scheduling intake sessions for prescribers
- Sending intake documents to patients
- Collecting insurance information from patients to be verified
- Providing customer service and support to patients as needed
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date patient records and scheduling information
- Collaborating with other administrative staff to ensure smooth and efficient operations
- Adhering to all HIPAA regulations and maintaining confidentiality of patient information
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Knowledge of social media a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of administrative experience in a healthcare setting
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Familiarity with electronic health records (EHR) and scheduling software preferred
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations and ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and needs
This is a remote position, and the candidate must have reliable internet access and a quiet work environment. The candidate must be available during regular business hours and be able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Our practice values a supportive work environment and offers a flexible schedule to support work-life balance. Competitive compensation and benefits are offered. We are a HAES aligned, anti-racist, LGBTQIA+ competent and supportive, neurodivergent informed practice and therefore we are looking to hire an administrative professional whose values are similar.
If you are a caring and dedicated professional looking to make a positive impact in the lives of others, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity.
Independent Contractor, with the option to become a w2 with benefits
$18-$23/hr based on experience
Flexible Schedule (Monday-Friday)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org