Do you take insurance or do I have to use my insurance?
Please note: All Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) treatments are considered Out of Network (OON) for insurance. However, we are happy to provide you with a superbill that has the necessary coding for you to submit to your insurance provider for potential reimbursement. Additionally, Couple’s Therapy is not covered by insurance, as there is no billing code for couple’s therapy and there is no use of diagnosis.
If you choose to not use your insurance: Many people choose not to use their insurance for numerous reasons. When you use your benefits, your insurance requires a diagnosis and they can control how you receive therapy, which includes, how many sessions you need and how long your sessions should last. Your therapy is sacred; however, when you choose to use your insurance, there is a third-party involved in this personal process and it is subject to review when they deem necessary. When you choose to opt-out of using your insurance, the choice goes back into your hands. Meaning, you get to decide what feels best for you and you may experience better results.
Why do people go to therapy and how do I know if it is right for me?
What’s it like to engage in therapy?
What about medication vs. psychotherapy?
Does what we talk about in therapy remain confidential?
- Making provisions for your safety if there is a threat of imminent harm to yourself.
- Taking protective actions (including notifying potential victims or police) if there is a threat of serious bodily harm to others.
- Reporting potential child, elder, or dependent abuse.
- Legal testimony if subpoenaed/ordered by a court.
- Assisting in accessing services if a patient is unable to meet their basic needs (including food, clothing, and/or shelter) due to a mental illness.
** Please note that these exceptions are rare and it is our goal to always maintain strict confidentiality. **